Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome to Tales of the Dragon Bard

Come one and all and gather round, come hear the songs I sing,
For I am the Dragon Bard, and many the tales I bring
Of heroes brave and foolish fools, and tragedies most vile
So come and read and forget about your troubles for awhile.

Welcome to my humble blog. My name is Eric Rawlinson. I'm a writer, a poet, an avid dreamer and story teller. On this website, you will discover a collection of my short stories, poems, chapters of my older works and other bits of work I wish to share with you and I hope you find amusing. I hope you will find something you enjoyed. Read, comment, share. I hope to hear from all of you soon.

My storytelling journey has been a long road and I have had a lot of help along the way. I want to acknowledge all those who have helped me grow to the point today.

First and foremost to Erin Rawlinson, my lovely cousin, without whom I probably wouldn't be writing today.
To my uncle, Ed Rawlinson, the toughest and best editor I've ever had.
To my friend, Kirstin Daley, for whom most of these short stories were written.
My friend Lynn Holland, who encouraged my writing for so long.
To Etienne Buxton, who has been dragging me through one of the toughest writing projects I've ever tried to tackle and has been an inspiration for a good long time.
To my parents, who have always believed in me.
And last but not least, to Nicole Connors, artist, illustrator, good friend. She who has illustrated many of the pieces that will be on this story blog. I owe her so much more than I ever could repay, but I sure as hell am going to try.

Peace and blessings, share and enjoy
Eric Rawlinson, your Dragon Bard
110814

No comments:

Post a Comment